I'll keep this as succinct as possible:
- Small commercial office - 4K sq. feet
- Client has 1 (consumer grade) b/g/n AP (Cisco / Linksys)
- Both bands in operation, auto-channel-select enabled on 2.4, channel 153 at 80MHz on 5GHz
- Client complaining of poor WiFi Performance
- AirMagnet shows very congested airspace - 19 SSIDs / 25 WAPs in the surrounding offices / buildings
- Every "alien" AP is operating on 1, 6, or 11 on 2.4
- Two APs are operating close enough to channel 153 to concern me
I need to solve the client's problem. Certainly getting the consumer-grade WAP out of there is the first step. I'd like to put in a pair of Unleashed
R600 access points.
What are your high-level config recommendations to help deal with the congestion / neighboring WLANs? Would a couple of APs placed in the right locations, along with ChannelFly do the trick?
Credibility concern: Removing the existing AP with auto-channel capabilities and replacing it with different (albeit commercial grade) APs with the same type of feature. I need to be careful how I explain this, and confident that ChannelFly (if used) will work better than what's already there.
Thanks in advance.