Skip to main content

59 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Wed, Dec 6, 2017 8:59 AM

Hosted captive portal recommendations?

Hi all,

There is a dizzying array of SaaS providers that provide some type of hosted radius/captive portal solution.  Some are universal, some are vendor specific, some rely on flashing new firmware onto consumer devices...

Anyone here have any recommendations?

Responses

824 Messages

• 

13.2K Points

3 years ago

Hi

I am in India and here i have used one service which is compatible with Ruckus ZD, unleashed and Vscg solutions... they also have global customers.
Very supportive and problem solving team they have,,,

http://kloudyy.com/
email - [email protected]

then there is ironwifi too which does something similar but never used...

59 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

3 years ago

Thanks - I'll keep kloudyy in mind, but they look a little pricey.  I just signed up for an ironwifi trial after posting that message last night, they look promising, but no specific mention of Ruckus in their setup guides.

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

3 years ago

Hi,

We were using Cloud4Wi for a while which has a lot of features and is looking nice, but is also very expensive and was lacking a few pieces for a perfect user experience.

We have changed to Linkyfi from AV-Systems, which is a bit more basic in some areas, but significantly better in others (location analytics, reports, stability, registration workflow, ...). And: it's significantly cheaper.

https://www.avsystem.com/products/linkyfi/

65 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

3 years ago

What’s wrong with the one built into Unleashed?

129 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

3 years ago

Do any of the hosted portals solve the HSTS problem?

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

3 years ago

I've been using Skyfii for our hosted captive portal. Competitive on price and with a sophisticated analytics and marketing platform attached, however you don't have to pay for those services unless wanted. www.skyfii.io

59 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

3 years ago

Regarding the "built-in", it's limited and doesn't allow the same data collection and reporting or page customization.

I've played around with IronWifi a lot at home on a single unleashed unit and it's worked very well.  The free tier is more than enough to prove out the service, and their support has been fairly responsive.  Trying it on a ZD-controlled network, seems to work fine as well.

The only downside is that they haven't put together a guide, so you have to sort of piece together guides for other gear.

1 Message

• 

60 Points

It sounds like you've been able to get IronWifi workign on an Unleashed network. I'm beating my head into a wall trying to figure this out. Would you be able to provide some insight as to how you setup the service?

59 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Where are you stuck?  You need to setup the radius auth and accounting servers, create a hotspot service, plug your captive portal URL in, select the radius servers you created and then assign the hotspot service to a new WLAN.  At least that's the really short version... Are you on a ZD or Unleashed?

Also it wouldn't hurt to nag the IronWifi people - they have guides for other manufacturers, just not Ruckus.  Let them support you, they're pretty helpful.  I even sent them a bunch of screenshots, so they can at least see what the UI looks like.

3 Messages

• 

100 Points

3 years ago

If you want to implement your custom solution contact us at www.geenkle.com. We can discuss your solution and implement it for a specific hardware. Thank you.