Skip to main content

7 Messages

• 

132 Points

Sun, Jul 12, 2020 4:52 PM

Answered

Cumulate two routers

Hi, 
I have an ADSL router on one port RJ45 in AP R500, there is another rj45 port available.
I
s it possible to add an additional router on RuckusAP R500 ? if it's possible, how to do ? Many thanks

Responses

Brand User

2.6K Messages

• 

44.8K Points

4 months ago

7 Messages

• 

132 Points

okay, I use  Unleashed firmware (200.7.10.202.94)

507 Messages

• 

8.9K Points

4 months ago

Hi Jean,

What is the use of second router in this setup? Any specific requirement?

For sure you can connect a network device behind R500 on its second eth port but second eth port acts as a bridge/switch port. Means second router you are going to connect to this port will get IP address from the same subnet (Assuming that AP is running on Unleashed code).

Please confirm your use case.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

7 Messages

• 

132 Points

sometimes I use the 4g router because it has more up and down speed. But it is in the punctual way (the router is put at the edge of my window).

507 Messages

• 

8.9K Points

I still do not understand the use case because this 4G router cannot pass the network/internet to Unleashed (If you want to use its 4G backhaul vs adsl) because it will connect behind R500's port just as extended device.

This will not work as a backhaul connection because you need some device which can handle both WAN links and switch them or load-balance them for rest of the wired and wireless network.

If you could share a basic network topology diagram which can help us understand what you are trying to accomplish.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

7 Messages

• 

132 Points

4 months ago

sometimes I use the 4g router because it has more up and down speed. But it is in the punctual way (the router is put at the edge of my window)

7 Messages

• 

132 Points

4 months ago

My adsl box is connect with my nas, also DHCP server. 
I think I should deactivate dhcp on the 4g router and configure in ruckus unleashed dashboard> ip parametre> active gateway mode?

7 Messages

• 

132 Points

4 months ago

My adsl box (DHCP server) is connect with my nas,
I think I should deactivate dhcp on the 4g router and configure in ruckus unleashed dashboard> ip parametre> active gateway mode?

507 Messages

• 

8.9K Points

Are you trying to run this kind of topology? If yes, then answer is No!

It is not going to work without terminating both the WLAN links (ADSL connection and 4G) behind a router and directly connecting them on router's WAN ports as primary and secondary or similar way.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

7 Messages

• 

132 Points

yes that's exactly it. Too bad, I have another way with a raspberry :
https://www.openmptcprouter.com/
OpenMPTCProuter use MultiPath TCP (MPTCP) to really aggregate multiple Internet connections and OpenWrt
thx all

507 Messages

• 

8.9K Points

That's a good idea but unfortunately, you cannot use an AP the way a Raspberry can be customized, it is a open source mini computer where you can do anything, if you know how to do it and if system supports it.

Let us know how it goes once you finish the configuration and physical connection.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer