Skip to main content

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

Thu, Sep 17, 2020 5:08 PM

how should a Ruckus T310c be mounted?

i haven't been able to locate any documentation which describes how to mount the T310c.

parallel to ground or perpendicular> and recommend height from ground might be helpful as well.

Responses

Official Rep

• 

93 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

2 months ago

You can find the mounting instructions in the QSG (Quick Setup Guide) on the support portal here including how to attach on a flat surface, to a pole, how to earth grounding, etc.

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

i've seen that document. but it doesn't explain how that affects its radio's pattern.

Official Rep

• 

93 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

You can check the radiation pattern here.  Or you can also see the Azimuth and Elevation Antenna Patterns of T310c in the datasheet here.  Those figures 2-5 applied to T310c as well.  It is omni directional antenna.  

12 Messages

• 

212 Points

@Tony Heung
The Knowledge Base article with radiation patterns is a great resource, Thank you very much for sharing the link!
Will the article be augmented with 11ax/Wi-Fi 6 AP patterns? At the moment only R750 is there.

Official Rep

• 

93 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

You are welcome.  I believe it will be updated by our tech pub team.

Employee

• 

220 Messages

• 

5.1K Points

2 months ago

Hi Robert,

As stated in the QSG the standard mounting recommendation is for the T310c/d (omni) AP to be mounted horizontally 'dome down' (parallel to the ground). 

However; as BeamFlex+ has vertically and horizintally polarised antennas; it is also possible to install the AP vertically, IF this suits the deployment type, as it will not give equivalent coverage to a horizontal deployment.

There is no specified recommended height for installation, as this is dependent on the use-case in your deployment. The distance to the client devices you are connecting is the primary consideration factor.

HTH.

Regards,
Darrel.