Skip to main content

Tue, Feb 6, 2018 4:13 AM

Answered

ZF7982 AP unable to setup wireless

Hi guys any help with setup, Logged in to set up the wireless but could not find where to enable the radio to set up my wireless, attached screenshot if anyone can help .planning on using it as standalone AP

Responses

27 Messages

• 

430 Points

3 years ago

I believe previously this AP is controller managed. You need to use standalone AP firmware to use it standalone mode.
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/793-standalone-ap-software-9-8-3-0-14-all-aps

22 Messages

• 

386 Points

All good to go Thanks, Gupta.
That was too easy 

22 Messages

• 

386 Points

A little confused here what's the difference between 9.8.30.14 all aps vs Solo access point 104.0.0.0.1347 g
Brand User

Former Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

• 

44.8K Points

The first version is a ZoneDirector firmware image (9.8.3.x.x), as all Solo/Standalone AP images will start with a 100 series, like 104.x.x.x.x, or similar.

22 Messages

• 

386 Points

Excellent all good to go.

7 Messages

• 

102 Points

i tryed to do it ( flash it with downloaded zip file ) but i get this ???

The following error occurred
bad firmware header magic

Employee

• 

54 Messages

• 

1K Points

Hello Bart,

Have you extracted the image from the ZIP file ? Can you please make sure you are uploading the image (.bl7 extension) and not the ZIP file?

Best Regards
Vineet 

Employee

• 

307 Messages

• 

4.9K Points

3 years ago

Correct as Gupta and Thomas mentioned, you need to flash the AP to the latest standalone version which is 10x.x.x.x 

regards
Martin

22 Messages

• 

386 Points

A little confused here what's the difference between 9.8.30.14 all aps vs Solo access point 104.0.0.0.1347 ga

Employee

• 

307 Messages

• 

4.9K Points

104 is more new then 9.8.3

104 is also a firmware version that can be used standalone, and as code to connect to vSZ/SZ/SCG or to ZD. it has both controller clients in it.

regards
Martin

22 Messages

• 

386 Points

Is this firmware ok for standalone AP?

22 Messages

• 

386 Points

Oops got it didn't read all reply.

22 Messages

• 

386 Points

So either one will do for my set is that correct?
Is there a good guide to follow or tweaking to get all Ruckus experience?