kai_cheung's profile
Employee

Employee

• 

6 Messages

• 

160 Points

Tue, Dec 4, 2018 7:22 PM

What is the password for configure.me ssid after factory reset on R510?

I have an R510 that was originally Unleashed, then flashed to run on my Cloud WiFi network and have now removed the unit from the network.  I'd like to flash this back to Unleashed and have done a factory reset by holding the reset button for 10 seconds.  I now see the configure.meXXXXX SSID but it's asking for a network password to connect to that SSID.  Is there a default password?  I thought that there wouldn't be a password requirement at all.

Responses

Brand User

Former Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

• 

44.8K Points

3 y ago

Hm, try resetting it again... but I'm not sure that your AP will have Unleashed after it connected to the Cloud, where it would get SmartZone image installed.
A true Unleashed AP advertising configure.me-xxyyzz should not require a password, and should allow browser access to "unleashed.ruckuswireless.com" URL.

Employee

• 

6 Messages

• 

160 Points

3 y ago

Thanks, have tried resetting 3 times and the configure.me ssid is still requesting a pw.  I fear this R510 may now be a brick as I can't log into it to flash back to Unleashed.

Employee

• 

6 Messages

• 

160 Points

3 y ago

I'll have to try that and report back.  thank you for the suggestion.

Employee

• 

28 Messages

• 

728 Points

3 y ago

Hi Kay,
You can connect to the AP SSID with the following credentials: SSID Configure.Me-xxxxxx and PSK Key: AP S/N.
Cheers

Employee

• 

6 Messages

• 

160 Points

3 y ago

That worked,  Was able to upload latest R510 unleashed image and access admin panel.  thank you for your help!

3 Messages

• 

100 Points

1 y ago

I have a brand new R510, not Unleashed as far as I know, and it's broadcasting a ConfigureMe.xxxxxx.  There is no documentation regarding what password to use for that.  It is also on my network with a DHCP address, but I cannot get into the login page, it just says there's a network issue.  Fing sees it and identifies it as a Ruckus device on the network.  Any suggestions?

Official Rep

• 

1.1K Messages

• 

15.8K Points

1 y ago

Hi Philip,

If AP is connected to wired network and has a DHCP IP, try access it using DHCP IP.

What error you are getting when you hit AP IP address?

Could you try SSH into the AP's DHCP IP address with super/sp-admin or admin/admin and confirm if you are able to log into CLI.

Is there any AP (unleashed) on Ruckus controller already installed in the network?

3 Messages

• 

100 Points

1 y ago

It turns out it was actually running fw 114.xxxxxx from a controller installation, apparently.  We were able to get in via SSH, and update to Unleashed, and now it is working well.  Thanks to Alejandro Vega, he's the man!

This was a replacement AP, and I thought it was brand new, so it shouldn't have had controller fw on it, but maybe it was used?  

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

2 m ago

Hi, 

I am not able to access R510 device in browser, Initially it was asking password , i enterd S/N as password, it accept. I am getting ping 192.168.0.1, but not able to get login page in browser. i used this link  unleashed.ruckuswireless.com" URL. to access, getting site cant be reached error. i enterd 192.168.0.1 also getting same error cant reached, how to get access point  login page ?  I tried  Putty tool to login getting network refused error.

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

2 m ago

hi i am not able to connect CLI of AP using putty tool, getting this error Network error: Connection refused, but getting ping replay when i ping to 192.168.0.1

(edited)

Important Announcement