Skip to main content

24 Messages

• 

220 Points

Sun, Mar 22, 2020 12:18 AM

Answered

Ruckus Unleashed R510's constant heartbeat loss

I moved into a new construction home about 6 months ago (amazon smart home) that came with three Ruckus AP's. I am experiencing heartbeat loss about every hour. It becomes difficult to work. I have been on the phone with ruckus customer support for months trying to figure out the heartbeat loss issue and i have gotten no where. We replaced the switch and that has not helped. We have updated the firmware. We have ran tests for over 24 hours. Have gotten no where and I still have constant heartbeat loss issue.

Can anyone help how we can have a steady wireless connection without our wifi disconnecting every hour? This issue is driving me insane.

Responses

90 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

8 months ago

Have you tried replacing the cable? If that’s not possible in its current position, try a new cable closer to the switch temporarily. Secondly, check your IP settings for the access point, is it set to DHCP or static? If it’s set to static IP, there could be an IP conflict, switch to DHCP and reboot AP. 

24 Messages

• 

220 Points

Thanks for your response. Which cable? And what kind of cable should I replace it with?

90 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

Try a new cat6 or cat5e cable. Is the AP powered by POE or AC power? Is the access point connected via wireless mesh?

24 Messages

• 

220 Points

sorry, I am not an advanced user but I have some knowledge. can you explain what you mean by the access points connected via wireless mesh? 
the access points are connected via ethernet cables wired on every floor of the home.
the AP's are not powered by AC power. I am not sure what POE is.
Where should i try a new cat6/cat5e cable? from where to where?

90 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

It sounds like your access point is connected via Ethernet cable back to the switch. POE is Powered Over Ethernet, where the access point’s power and data is received over the same single Ethernet cable. You can buy a new Ethernet cable from amazon, monoprice is a good brand. I would suggest this just to determine if the current Ethernet cable is “bad”. In the meantime, I would check your IP settings of the access points by logging into the Unleashed master AP. Do you know how to do that? 

24 Messages

• 

220 Points

Here is the IP setting of my AP's

366 Messages

• 

4.7K Points

8 months ago

Ok here's the thing.. have you tried going back to unleashed 200.6.10.1.312??? note doing this will reset all settings.. and you can not import later settings from newer firmware.

366 Messages

• 

4.7K Points

8 months ago

how many times a day do you lose a heartbeat? I noticed I've been losing it twice a day.

24 Messages

• 

220 Points

MULTIPLE TIMES! its annoying and i am doing stuff for work and it disconnects. Probably once every hour. 

25 Messages

• 

420 Points

8 months ago

Have you tried a factory reset of the AP's? I also experienced heartbeat loss, kernel panic, reboots, ... and tried upgrading, downgrading, ... Nothing helped, until I did a factory reset on an AP: problems gone. Worth trying on one AP and observing how that plays out.

24 Messages

• 

220 Points

Yes i did do a factory reset. Same problems.

366 Messages

• 

4.7K Points

can you show us your logs how often this happens?

366 Messages

• 

4.7K Points

also what is your DHCP lease time from your DHCP server?

24 Messages

• 

220 Points

thanks for your help. do you want a screenshot of the logs or should i send you the log files?
how can i find the dhcp lease time? i am just a homeowner and dont have a lot of knowledge in networking.
Also, how can i fix the switch issue?
sorry if i am asking too much at once

24 Messages

• 

220 Points

here is a screenshot of the heatbeat losss. i loose connection through my devices as well.

26 Messages

• 

472 Points

8 months ago

I down graded my home AP to standalone firmware. Works like it should... nothing disconnects. I have all sorts of devices across 2.4 and 5. Guess I am back to "ZD or Standalone."