Skip to main content

Thu, Jul 20, 2017 5:30 PM

Answered

R710 Transfer Speed

I am connected to R710 and my adapter properties says i got 866 Mbps at 2.4 GHz, however when I test a file transfer I only got about 15 MB/s max... compared to another AP from other vendor, my adapter properties says i only connected to 244 Mbps, however, testing file transfer with the same laptop, same file, same server, and at the same location, it got me around 50 MB/s.
I perform both tests with no one other than me connected to the AP. I want to know why it seems Ruckus AP has my transfer speed capped somewhere? R710 is managed by a vSZ, I believe I dont have any rate limiting configured, the only thing I did was enabling OFDM only and set BSS min to 24mbps. Could this be the root cause? Please advise.

Responses

Brand User

Former Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

• 

44.8K Points

4 years ago

Repeat tests on different channels.  I can only guess that you must have interference near AP or Client.  Examination of AP's support info file is the only way to see for sure.

10 Messages

• 

180 Points

hi Brado, thanks for the quick reply! is there any way i can ensure that I have no interference near AP or Client? anyway, what kind of interference that could make the speed dropped to less than half of the other AP brand?

5 Messages

• 

120 Points

I've never heard of 2.4Ghz can run 866, except 11ax, which is not generally available yet.

10 Messages

• 

180 Points

hi Yung Yi, this is what my adapter properties looks like. It says 866.7Mbps and at the same time i looked at my client log in vSZ i was connected to a 2.4GHz

5 Messages

• 

120 Points

Interesting. It cloud be the driver reported wrong value. on windows system, you can use the following command, I use it all the time. netsh wlan show interface

it can show you in detail which BSSID is connected and at which channel. hope this helps.

5 Messages

• 

120 Points

BTW, when setting the BSS limit to 24Mbps. I know different vendors has different implementation. some limits not only use 24Mpbs for beaconing but also reject lower than 24Mbps packets sent or received. Which I don't think that make sense, because the client has much lower power than AP, so ask client to send ack at 24Mbps rate, it is likely not received by the AP, then the AP will have to resent the data packets. So if you change it back to 6Mbps, and performance improves, then that should be the cause.