Skip to main content

44 Messages

• 

710 Points

Fri, Oct 7, 2016 8:07 PM

Answered

OSX Clients Connected to AP, but not passing traffic

Anyone else experiencing issues with OSX clients connecting to APs, then randomly not being able to pass traffic/browse the internet?

We're seeing this primarily with OSX 10.11 clients. We have ZD1200s and R710s running 9.13.1

Ruckus support's latest fix was enabling Proxy ARP or upgrading to Sierra. But we just experienced the same issue with a Sierra device.

Responses

20 Messages

• 

344 Points

4 years ago

I am on 9.13.3 and I'm still having this issue, with proxy-arp enabled. I've also narrowed it down to only iPhone 7 and 7+ users. My test iPad Air with the same IOS version doesn't have this issue. 

44 Messages

• 

710 Points

4 years ago

We're somewhat passed the dropped traffic issue, but apparently it's not completely resolved until 10.12.4. The auto-connect issue is still present in our environment, we'll be moving away from 802.1x to resolve this.

1 Message

• 

60 Points

3 years ago

Hello everyone.

Recently I have the same issue with the explanation like @Joseph LoBianco , exactly the same. I have put sniffers on layer 3 and captures on layer 2 and with that I could observe that the ARP packets are mal-formed when that are forwarding by the APs, this issue is only for versión zd1200_9.13.3.0.41.ap_9.13.3.0.41. The fix is applying ARP PROXY over every SSID, however isn't a root cause fix. The problem is a bug reported in latest versions refer to the modifications over ARP packets when that is forwarding by every Access-Point.

A possible root cause fix is upgrading the ruckus controller to the version zd1200_9.13.3.0.106.ap_9.13.3.0.106. this version is recommended by ruckus But sincerely I'm won't applied this version now because i need at least two critical weeks with a stable wifi.

Regards

1 Message

• 

60 Points

3 years ago

Has anyone resolved this issue.
We are seeing something very similar at one of our clients sites.

Macs only dropping connection about every 10 minutes, and turning the WiFi off and back on resolves it.

Thanks,
Stephen

178 Messages

• 

2.9K Points

I have had the same experiences with TAC. It also doesn't help I don't get the email updates/notifications when the ticket has been updated by TAC.

I also believe that we are also seeing the connected but no internet problem on 5.1.2 as well but can't fully validate that. We might be downgrading APs to 5.1.0 with AP auth for RADIUS to see if we have better luck.

4 Messages

• 

154 Points

It appears that the core issue in our case is that the AP is not sending ARP packets to the OSX client. We finally discovered this while running a packet capture on two OSX clients connected to the same WLAN on the same AP. One client would see a constant stream of ARP communication while the other client would not see any ARP traffic except its own. The end result is that if the router (Brocade/Ruckus switch in our case) for that WLAN had a default ARP timeout of 10 minutes then every 10 minutes the OSX client would lose network connectivity for about 2 minutes until the client was able to exchange ARP packets with the gateway and then traffic would flow again. Since TAC still hasn't been able to resolve this, I have increased the ARP timeout on all of our routers to 22 minutes (ip arp-age 22) which seems to be the minimum amount it can be set to so that the OSX clients do not drop offline. OSX seems to generate its own ARP traffic at least once every 21 minutes which then avoids the problem. However, the core issue remains that two identical clients running packet captures see very different ARP communication from the APs. Also, if the client roams to another AP and then back to the original AP the client seems to get all the ARP traffic for a while then it goes away at some point.

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

Hi I'm having the same issue running a brand new vSZ-E 5.2.0.0.699 w/ AP firmware 5.2.0.0.1412. I'm using all R510s and we're seeing Windows 10 and Apple iOS devices "stall". The devices are no longer able to communicate with the network unless their Wi-Fi adapter is disabled and re-enabled. Is there a solution to this other than enabling proxy-ARP/increasing gateway ARP timeout/other magical workaround? It's very frustrating for our users as anyone can imagine.