Skip to main content
T

Wed, Dec 30, 2020 10:52 PM

New router installed

We have at least 20 ruckus devices at my organization. A new router was just installed at one of our very small branches. The company SSID is not there any longer, of course.  I need to have it configured just like the other branch offices.  They login to a domain.

Responses

66 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

2 months ago

So what is the question here?  Ho to setup your router or what?

7 Messages

• 

132 Points

no no no. we have many branch offices where they are able to login to our corporate domain thru a ruckus ap that is managed by some controller. i need to configure it 

66 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

You need to configure the router?

7 Messages

• 

132 Points

No. somehow all the sites are able to login to the domain wirelessly with their credentials. we have a controller. I think the IP of this branch office has to be setup on the rukus controller in the main office? I am not sure

Official Rep

• 

804 Messages

• 

12.1K Points

2 months ago

Hi Tom,

What is the WLAN settings (WLAN type, encryption type, authentication, WLAN is tunneled or not, etc)?.

If it is a WPA2-Enterprice (802.1X) SSID, you should review if APs are acting as authenticator or you are using controller in radius proxy mode.

Also confirm what controller you are using, what is the firmware and AP firmware version.

Regards,

Syamantak Omer

66 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

2 months ago

Ok so is this a new site or existing and are you manually setting the IP of the controller on your AP's via the CLI, or are you using DHCP to hand out the ZD information to the AP?

We need more information to be able to help you out here.

66 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

I am a Network Engineer if you cannot tell.  If you cannot figure it out we are a consulting company if you need some more hands on support.