RDD 1.10.4 is now GA!
- Existing RDD customers; there is no need to upgrade as this is part of the service unless expanding the environment beyond 10K devices
- Customers that want to expand their RDD footprint beyond 10K devices have choices
- Deploy a new RDD 1.10.4 OVA with Kubernetes and create a fresh install using the new install wizard
- Wait for the RDD migration tool (early Q2/2020)
- Deploy a new RDD 1.10.4 OVA with Kubernetes and migrate existing RDD configuration
RDD 1.10.4 Release Notes
- Enhanced encryption for data at rest
- Depreciation and removal of UI v1
- Redesigned "Pre-deployment" to "Local-Deployment" for customers operating secured isolated environments
- Node disk display unit and critical services redirect link
- Network speed normalization to bytes
- Node display in global search
- Entitlements time remaining and more Info link
- Deletion of Zones/APs once Wireless Cluster is deleted
- Switch Data table search and bulk import switches
- Switch stack population and serial verification
- Deduplication of switch stack members
- Removed unused code deprecated from UI v1 to free up RAM usage
RDD 1.10.4 Release Notes for Kubernetes deployment
- Inherits all of the features/improvements of RDD 1.10 above.
- Integrated Kubernetes deployment and configuration for horizontal scaling of RDD.
- Enhanced RDD TTY console for initial configuration and deployment.
- Containerized all RDD applications and services for ease of deployment and upgrades.
- Master and Slave clustering supporting single Master and multiple Slaves.
- Automated Elasticsearch clustering base on # of RDD nodes