sanjiva_srivastava's profile

5 Messages

• 

114 Points

Wed, Jun 3, 2020 11:09 PM

Setting up Ruckus and at&t gateway together with same SSID

I have a Lennar home with Ruckus r510 and ICX 7150 C12P. I am using it's SSID for all my wi-fi needs. I have internet through at&t and the gateway is also broadcasting a wi-fi SSID that is different than the Ruckus AP. Can I turn the wi-fi off on my gateway? Is this the correct configuration? I want the at&t gateway to have the same SSID so I can get extended coverage...how do I set it up? Does my at&t gateway need to be the primary wi-fi and Ruckus be the bridge? or vice-versa? Also, when the Amazon guy activated the smart home he did not leave any user name and password to get into the Ruckus admin settings. I can get to the unleashed login page but the default user name super/sp-admin does not work. Please help!!!

235 Messages

• 

4K Points

1 y ago

Password & Usernames:
I would contact AMZN or the builder, let them know the tech neglected to give you the admin/pass for the system
ATT Router:
I recommend turning off the ATT Router's Wi-Fi, or only broadcasting a simple management WI-Fi should you need to jump in and do some administration. Power level control, intelligence, interference mitigation, and roaming cohesiveness is something the ATT unit will not participate in.

5 Messages

• 

160 Points

1 y ago

I had a similair issue with access to Ruckus unleashed and Lennar shared that the username was admin and the password was Ruckus!   Obviously you should change them once you log in

235 Messages

• 

4K Points

Tom, you are RAD!

1 Message

• 

60 Points

Just FYI for anyone coming through here later, sometimes Lennar sets up the password to be "Lennar" (no quotes). 

5 Messages

• 

114 Points

1 y ago

Thank you both! The user and password combination does not work for me. I have contacted the builder and awaiting reply. 

5 Messages

• 

114 Points

1 y ago

Phew! Finally figured it out.... the user name was admin and password was same as my wifi password!

24 Messages

• 

312 Points

What do you mean the same as your WiFi password?

5 Messages

• 

114 Points

1 y ago

Is there any way to add a. 3rd party wifi router as an extender to the Ruckus R510 AP? I looked everywhere in the settings but could not find any place to do so. Appreciate your quick responses. Also, my at7t is a 1 Gbps connection but I don't see speeds more than 250 mpbs even when I am under the R510 AP. Any suggestions?

75 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

1 y ago

you should not add a 3rd party accesspoint.
use a ruckus accesspoint to extend your range.
you ca also take a R320

5 Messages

• 

114 Points

1 y ago

Awesome! Thanks.

1 Message

• 

60 Points

1 y ago

hi, I have setup my rukus wireless but internet is not working on that router via at&t. Whats steps/setup are required on at&t router in order to use rukus as my router?

Official Rep

• 

249 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

1 y ago

Hi Ravindra,

Login the AP and ensure that the AP has internet. (which should be getting from the at&t device)
You can verify it under Dashboard >> Internet >> You should see that there should be an IP under DNS and the "Internet" should show as "Connected".

If the Internet is not connected, then ensure the AP should be getting the IP address from at&t (which I believe is the gateway for your network and serving as DHCP server).

6 Messages

• 

120 Points

8 m ago

Admin 

lennar is the password

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

8 m ago

I have the worst Lennar customer service experience.  They send the electrician and did the factory reset procedure.  After noticed that the Ruckus WIFI is no listed on the PC, he said I don't know how to work with the network.

What now? 

(edited)

6 Messages

• 

120 Points

8 m ago

You have to set up ruckus again download the ruckus unleashed app then start on the typical or gateway install doesn’t lennar homes have Amazon services come out and do your setup and add all your devices to the ruckus

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

Lennar send an electrician and did the factory reset procedure.  Lennar doesn't have network service.  After that I don't see the configure.mexxxx in the Wifi list. So I can not access the switch condition.  I try to get in they the IP but seems to be protected and I don't have neither user not.password

(edited)

6 Messages

• 

120 Points

Ruckus is a poe system are the boxes on if not plug them into the switch then try to find configure still did the election reset the boxes with a 🖊 to make them factory specs

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

I did the reset on the PoE and on the switch icx 7150. Still not seeing the configure.mexxxx. Any other suggestion?

6 Messages

• 

120 Points

8 m ago

Is the att router going into one of  the center 8 inputs if so then you may not have to reconfigure and just click on manage network admin and the Lennar password the update rukus and see if that works

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

4 m ago

Hi 

I have read through all the above post and feel that the original question is still not answered.

My Set Up:

I have ATT Fiber internet with a BG210-700 Modem. This is broadcasting SSID (for the sake of discussion 'UncleATT76')

There is a single cable going into a Ruckus ICX -C12P. This connects to 2 Ruckus APs Zoneflex 510 Unleashed, which in turn broadcast SSID (for the sake of discussion 'UncleRuck76' )

The ICX wires a wall outlet in my basement which in turn connects to an ATT extender 'Air 4921'which in turn broadcast SSID (for the sake of discussion 'UncleAir76' )

The ICX wires another isolated section of my house which I have connected to an old Netgear NightHawk R7000 Router which in turn broadcasts SSID (for the sake of discussion 'UncleGear76' )

So my questions is;

1. Is there a way to sync up all SSIDs and broadcast as the same network. 
    1. This will help when i change location so the connected devices can change APs quickly
  2. I have 1GB coming in on a connected line (and yes I do get speedtests results of ~950 MBPS) but on any APs i get about 290 downloads on an average.

Please help me in detail if you can for all my above questions.

regards

24 Messages

• 

312 Points

@bhavin_mehta 

I would not name the access points the same as the AT&T Wi-Fi just give them their own unique SSID name and if you ever move in the future rename Your new network with the same SSID so that all your devices can quickly and easily connect without having to reconnect each one. Just remember to reset your access points when you move. The access points are limited to a certain speed that is going to be different from your hard wired and from your incoming speed. 

24 Messages

• 

312 Points

I also forgot to mention that the devices are going to connect to the access point that is closest or that has the strongest signal and your system should spread the load out.  I have 23 wireless devices. 12 connected to AP1 and 11 to AP2.   I have the same ATT plan but I just deactivated the wireless radio on the ATT modem/router 

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

@sergiosoto78 

Thank you for the response.

@Ruckus - Is there a way I can get some more guidance from Ruckus tech support.

I forgot to mention that all the SSID broadcasting devices as mentioned above are quite well distributed in different locations of the large house leaving no dead zones.

I have been able to log on to netgear device and have set it up on an extender/access point, so it doesn't serve as a modem. 

How do network engineers set up access points in offices? So when one moves from meeting room to meeting room, they don't have to reset the wifi connections?

I saw some YouTube videos on passthroughs and disabling firewalls, but since i am not an expert, I haven't attempted that.

4 different SSID in a Lennar Smart Home with oversmart devices is a pain.

24 Messages

• 

312 Points

You won’t have to do that. 

The since both AP have the same name(in a AP group) your phone for example will connect to the one it’s closets to or the one that has the better connection.  

do not set it up as a mesh network. I made that mistake.  It created a bunch of issues and it was a pain in the rear to get it back to how it was.  

Important Announcement