erin_mcclellen's profile

60 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Fri, May 18, 2018 2:56 AM

Answered

UMM Unleashed Licenses

I recently discovered UMM, which appears to be free and appears to allow me to add a ton of ZoneDirector-managed sites/APs to it.  It seems like a nice way for me to hand over management or monitoring to staff and have all the ZDs in one place with one login. Am I correct that this is a free product?

Next, we do have some Unleashed sites and it seems this IS limited (one AP) without a license.  But all the places I know of that sell other licenses don't seem to know about UMM or sell them.

What's the story with that, and why make ZD free and Unleashed not free?

Champion

• 

824 Messages

• 

13.2K Points

4 y ago

UMM is not free and its only for managing unleashed networks. it will not support ZD controller managed networks.UMM is a new software product which came out few months ago

60 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

4 y ago

I'm finding the opposite - it was listed in the download section, included a license for 9999 APs connected to ZDs, had only a single license for one unleashed AP.  I know that Ruckus offers other software products and this is the only one I know of that can be downloaded, installed and run without a license key being added, that seems odd.

Can you point me to SKUs to purchase licensing on UMM?  I'm not seeing any vendors selling this.

Employee

• 

86 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

4 y ago

Yes, it supports both ZD and Unleashed although it is meant for Unleashed purpose. We support ZD for legacy reasons. Hope this clarifies.

Champion

• 

824 Messages

• 

13.2K Points

4 y ago

ok. thanks for the info.
Brand User

Former Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

• 

44.8K Points

4 y ago

Unleashed Multi-Site Manager (UMM) 2.1 is going to be posted next week, and will manage Unleashed, ZoneDirector and P300 point-to-point bridges...  Just to let you know a little ahead of time!   =:^)

Important Announcement