Skip to main content

8 Messages

• 

140 Points

Sat, Jan 2, 2016 2:45 AM

Will Ruckus soon offer a Cloud managed solution allowing for more than 25 aps?

Responses

824 Messages

• 

13.2K Points

5 years ago

they already have one which is highly and easily scalable to 100's of ap's..

Take a look at Vscg on their website...

8 Messages

• 

140 Points

5 years ago

I understand Vscg to be a VM that needs to be installed on a hypervisor within your onsite or in-cloud datacenter. I'm looking for a true cloud managed solution that resides on the ruckus cloud.

824 Messages

• 

13.2K Points

Major Ruckus distributor / VAR are providing true cloud managed solution powered by Ruckus Vscg which is available globally...

8 Messages

• 

140 Points

Great, I'll look in to that. I appreciate it!

8 Messages

• 

140 Points

5 years ago

I'm looking for a true cloud managed product like unleashed but, I need it to scale to more than the 25 AP limit of unleashed.

333 Messages

• 

5.1K Points

Unleashed is not Cloud based infrastructure, it is a controllerless autonomous network.

Cloud based WiFi requires a server to manage the AP's, the server in this instance can be either physical or virtual i.e. SCG or vSCG.

8 Messages

• 

140 Points

Thanks for that info....I see now that unleashed is controllerless but not "cloud managed." I'm not seeing any type of cloud managed wireless solutions from Ruckus besides the Xclaim product. Ruckus, can we expect an enterprise level, cloud managed, solution in 2016?

333 Messages

• 

5.1K Points

Why would you want to run an enterprise network via a cloud managed service which you don't have full control off?

Also why are you not interested in vSCG? is it a cost related issue?

8 Messages

• 

140 Points

Cloud managed wifi is still controlled as it is with an on premise controller. The only difference is that the management traffic is tunneled to the cloud controller. This method produces many benefits....no large upfront controller costs, no controller upgrades, no power requirements, HA is handled in the cloud, limited management. Branch sites can be preconfigured in the cloud controller. I could go on and on.

8 Messages

• 

140 Points

All that said, cloud managed wifi must offer all or most of the features that on premise controllers offer. If they can not offer the same feature set, then I agree that on premise is still the best solution