Skip to main content

8 Messages

• 

168 Points

Mon, Jun 24, 2019 8:11 AM

Answered

Ruckus Smartzone 300 and Arista network switches compatiblity, Does Smartzone 300 support NAC or Posture Assessment?

Hi, 

We were planning to implement ruckus wireless solutions with the smartzone 300 controller. I heard also the smartzone can manage the wireless APs and the wired switches. I want to ask if smartzone can manage non ruckus/brocade switches like Arista? Also does smartzone has a NAC/Posture assesment feature?

Kind Regards,
Jam

Responses

6 Messages

• 

180 Points

a year ago

Hi Jam,

you can only manage ICX-Switches with a new Firmware. No ARISTA.
The NAC-Solution is more an onboarding-solution -> Cloudpath

https://ruckus-www.s3.amazonaws.com/pdf/product-info/cloudpath-customer-faq.pdf

BR

Nils

8 Messages

• 

168 Points

Hi Nils,

Thank you for this valuable information now its time to learn SmartZone lol. Our client was asking if smartzone has a posture assesment feature and I think you answered my question with cloudpath.

Kind Regards,
Jam

8 Messages

• 

168 Points

may I also ask if their will be a problem if I will deploy smartzone and use ruckus wireless APs then use a different brand of switches? Will I still be able to add my APs and manage them? Thanks.

Regards,
Jam

6 Messages

• 

180 Points

Yes, should be no problem. You can find some hints about the discovery "AP and Controller" in the docs (DNS or DHCP-option).

BR

Nils

8 Messages

• 

168 Points

Thanks Nil really appreciate the help. Very satisfied with this community very active. I hope I can help others too when I get the hang of it.

Regards,
Jam