R

3 Messages

• 

90 Points

Sun, May 30, 2021 9:01 PM

Downgrade T310S

I want to Downgrade a T310S to allow control by a Zone Director...

Responses

3 Messages

• 

90 Points

4 m ago

I am trying to Adopt a T310 into an existing Zone Director 1200 network. The Zone Director sees it as a Rogue AP.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Adopt T310

437 Messages

• 

5.5K Points

Please, publish firmware versions you have on Zd and T310 AP to get help.

It is a very bad practice to ask questions without providing necessary information for meaningful answer to be possible.

To adopt T310 AP, ZD must have firmware supporting T310 APs and at least 1 free license, as well AP must have standalone or ZD  image with service enabled. Too different firmware version may cause issues, vSZ firmware on AP will prevent it joining ZD. ZD also must reside on the same network with AP using DHCP, or some provisioning has to be done (manual,  using DHCP option 43 or through DNS). In any case AP must be able to communicate with ZD.

If there are no messages in ZD event log about T310, except as rogue, it most probably means that you have some incompatible version or LWAPP service disabled, and AP event doesn't try to contact ZD.

So I recommend:

1. check AP connection (at least ping ZF from AP)

2. make sure firmware versions on AP and ZD are compatible, change firmware if necessary

3. Check that Zd has a free license (disconnect some AP if there are no free licenses)

4. Reset AP to factory

5. Check that LWAPP service is enabled

6. Make AP provisioning manually with ZD  AP (from SSH connection).

7. Check ZD logs for AP connection attempts.

It should exclude most common issues.

Official Rep

• 

1.2K Messages

• 

16.6K Points

Regards,

Syamantak Omer

Employee

• 

74 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

4 m ago

Hi Robert,

Since t310S are supported till the latest available ZD version you just need to perform a f/d on the AP if it is on vSZ code or an very older ZD code and upload and flash latest solo image from below link. Once the AP is on solo image you can connect it to ZD to be managed.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/products/147-ruckus-t310s#sort=relevancy&f:@source=[Software%20Downloads]&f:@commonproducts=[T310s]

Best Regards

Vineet

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

T310S System Version: 200.8.10.3.278

ZD 1200 System Version: 10.2.0.0 build 189

The T310S is a new AP.

I have 7 licenses. 6 are being utilized by my current AP’s, leaving 1 unused.

I can ping the ZD 1200 from the AP and I can ping the AP from the ZD 1200.

The AP does not appear in the ZD 1200 AP List. This is the issue. If it would appear, then I would at least be able to attempt to adopt it.

In the ZD 1200 event logs, this AP presents as a “Rogue” AP.

2021/05/30  11:14:13

High

A new Rogue[28:b3:71:fe:b3:d3] with SSID[Configure.Me-3EB3D0] is detected

I was able to connect to this SID and do some basic configuration, i.e. Change the SID, Change the IP. But still cannot get it to connect to the ZD 1200. I read in a post that to make this happen, I would have to revert the AP to a previous firmware version.

Employee

• 

74 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

Hi Robert,

The AP is running Unleash platform code and I doubt that is the reason it is unable to update its code and connect to ZD. Can you first give a try and update the AP to below standalone code, this should mostly fix it.

1) Perform F/d on the AP.

2) Download below Code.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/1737-zoneflex-solo-access-point-110-0-0-0-663-ga-software-release-t310s

3) Upload on T310 and once completed validate AP has ZD IP and is connected by AP command "get director".

Best Regards

Vineet

(edited)

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

I have updated the AP to the 110 release posted. The "get director" shows no IP for the ZD and states that the AP is in stand-alone mode. What are the commands to add the ZD ip address and change the mode.

Employee

• 

74 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

Robert, execute the below command on AP :

set director ip <ZD IP>

reboot

Best Regards

Vineet

437 Messages

• 

5.5K Points

4 m ago

Just make sure, that ZD  has firmware version supporting T310 AP.

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

Downgraded the Firmware. Set the IP to the Ruckus Network. Set the Director IP Address and Re-Booted. All is good.

Important Announcement