B

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

Sat, Nov 27, 2021 6:35 PM

Ruckus R710 Won't Factory Reset - Help

Newbie here still figuring things out. I’ve got a R710 AP that I got off eBay. I’ve been unable to factory reset it (other one I purchased reset without issue). Any thoughts?

Here’s what I’ve tried:

1. Used the reset button and paper clip. Made sure that I did it for at least 10 seconds and that it was held down firmly. Light flashes red but then turned back to solid green.

2. Started trying to figure out Putty and use SSH. Was not able to SSH in - said connection refused. Used IP address as I was able to tell what it was.

3. Plugged and unplugged device several times and tried 1 and 2 again. No luck.

4. Tried reset button push on device for 30 seconds. No luck.

I didn’t think it would be this hard 😀. Anyone have more thoughts?

Thanks!

Official Rep

• 

170 Messages

• 

2.2K Points

2 m ago

Hi @byron_racki 

There is not much that can be done, issue could be with flash or hardware. The only option available is to get a replacement done from partner whom you bought it from.

Best Regards

Vineet

(edited)

Employee

• 

87 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

2 m ago

Only thing you could try is to ensure that the AP is fully powered on/up.  Give it a few minutes to boot.

Then do the reset again, be sure to not let the paperclip slip.  hold 10-20 seconds and let go it should reboot.  If it still comes up the same try 1 or 2 more times.

After all that you should be able to SSH in at least.  If connection refused, sounds like SSH is disabled, which means its a prior setting and not getting defaulted.

If this is finally the case, perhaps the firmware is corrupt and you may need a replacement.

501 Messages

• 

6.1K Points

2 m ago

Check that your power source (PoE injector) is powerful enough - use 50W injector.

With low power injector AP may not boot at all, or restart continuously. 

411 Messages

• 

5.2K Points

1 m ago

Did you ever solve the issue? I would have requested a replacement. 

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

1 m ago

I ended up returning it and was able to get a refund.   

Important Announcement