Responses

Official Rep

• 

248 Messages

• 

4.2K Points

2 y ago

Hi Hafiz,

Please check the below link and refer page 373.
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/2954-smartzone-5-1-2-administrator-guide-sz100-vsz-e/do...

Make sure the AP port on switch is trunk port allowing the VLANs configured on the SSID.

4 Messages

• 

100 Points

Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for the documentation. I've read it it before actually.
Few questions here:
1) Corporate wifi VLAN gateway (2.2.2.1) is at the core switch. How do I create pool at the vSZ that include that gateway? I can't find the option to do that?
2) For the vSZ connection to the switch, should i set it as an access port or trunk port with native vlan?

Official Rep

• 

248 Messages

• 

4.2K Points

Hi Hafiz,

Here the AP will take the pool configured and will act like a DHCP server (depending on the configuration), AP will address the clients request.

You only need to make the AP port as trunk port carrying the VLANS. 

4 Messages

• 

100 Points

Hi Sanjay,

That's great. If I configure the Corporate wifi DCHP pool as below:

Which IP will be the gateway for VLAN2?

Official Rep

• 

248 Messages

• 

4.2K Points

Hi Hafiz,

The gateway will be the AP's IP, depending on the config option you choose. There are 3 options as below:
Enable on Each AP.
Eable on Multiple APs.
Enable on Hierarchical APs.

On the link, check from page 374 for more details on how it works.

4 Messages

• 

100 Points

That's what I thought earlier based on the documentation.
Is there any way I can configure the DHCP pool from the vSZ/AP but I want the VLAN/subnet gateway is on the core switch?
Meaning, the DHCP for users will come from the vSZ/AP but the host/user gateway would be the core switch for communication with other VLANs/networks

437 Messages

• 

5.5K Points

4 m ago

For my understanding you can't. And even if you would be able to configure different Gateway, it would not work, as AP would prevent access to external gateway, making NAT. 

Gateway mode is designed for specific cases, when you need AP to make NAT, and DHCP functionality has to be added, so AP can provide DHCP services, as they are required in this case. 

If you use L3 switch to route VLANs (which is the most typical situation), then you don't use gateway mode on APs, and don't have DHCP function available. And normally you don't need it -- the network should already has its own  DHCP server (as a minimum, to provide IPs to APs), so just add scopes for clients to it. Also, every L3 switch supports DHCP functionality.....

(edited)

Important Announcement