M

16 Messages

• 

230 Points

Thu, Jan 14, 2021 8:16 AM

about R550 5G

Only 5G is unstable, connection is lost or SSID is not visible

Does it stabilize if I leave it for a while after installation?

Responses

159 Messages

• 

2.9K Points

8 m ago

Is this Unleashed and are you using Channelfly?  

16 Messages

• 

230 Points

@david_black_5940365  No, I simply tried to activate one. Apparently it is an initial defect, so I will contact the distributor. Thank you!

18 Messages

• 

244 Points

Curious about the initial defect on the r550? Is this a known issue with early production units? I have an install of three r550 (unleashed) that I haven't been able to get stable - same location/placement using r510 displays no issues. 

16 Messages

• 

230 Points

It did not seem to be an initial failure of the unit, and replacing the unit did not fix the problem. We are continuing to verify this.

18 Messages

• 

244 Points

Interesting :/ are you seeing connectivity issues - client not being able to communicate even if reported to be connected (on device and in Unleashed UI)? 5GHz clients all report poor signal strength regardless of distance to AP. Currently running with wifi-6 disabled, which up until two days ago seemed to had a positive impact.

16 Messages

• 

230 Points

My R550 is also doing very well with 2.4Ghz. But on 5Ghz, the connection is still broken.

16 Messages

• 

230 Points

8 m ago

I replaced the unit but that didn't solve the problem, I don't understand why it's only 5G.

16 Messages

• 

230 Points

6 m ago

Does DFS(Dynamic Frequency Selection) have anything to do with it?

7 Messages

• 

138 Points

DFS is there to prevent interference with other users of the spectrum (not WiFi, radar and such) and the AP must change channels if it detects those users but that would only explain the AP choosing a different channel.

159 Messages

• 

2.9K Points

6 m ago

Are you testing with multiple devices? 

16 Messages

• 

230 Points

@david_black_5940365  Since I only have one R550, I borrowed an R850 to test it and got the same result.

159 Messages

• 

2.9K Points

I meant stations... Are you testing with multiple laptops, phones, etc?

16 Messages

• 

230 Points

Yes. It was the same for iphone, ipad and Mac.

410 Messages

• 

5.2K Points

I haven't bother with Ruckus Wifi 6 APs.. I've just stuck with 802.11ac Wave 2 APs... Waiting on Wifi  6e Ruckus APs to test before pushing it to clients. 

1 Message

• 

60 Points

2 m ago

We have the same problem with wifi 6. Ill think it is in the AX problem.

I want to switch off AX (or Wifi 6) in the unleashed software, bud how?:)

Please help..

16 Messages

• 

230 Points

@raymond_dekker  

Hi

I reinstalled the unleashed software from the beginning and it is now stable and usable.

Important Announcement